The first day of my Senior year, on my 16th birthday, my parents found out I had cancer. Malignant Melanoma. That moment in time catalyzed the notion that life can’t be lived small. Because you have no idea what can happen to cause the trajectory of your life to radically shift.
The 10 years that followed, were a journey to create a life that fit exactly with what I dreamed of. Lo and behold, I conquered my entire bucket list by 27, and had to create a new one. Now I am constantly adjusting my bucket list to match that of my new reality. Because a bucket list? Is a really dumb timeline to get stuff done.
The time to move forward is always right. now.
Here is that list…
- Visit every country in the world (33 and counting, so 10% down? 😉 )
Write and publish The Intention GenerationFind a paperback distributor for The Intention Generation. In the meantime you can buy The Intention Generation here! It’s $2.99
- Attend Archangel Academy by 2017
- Hike, paddle, snowmobile, bike, crosscountry ski, or horseback ride EVERY stretch of The Great Trail. Goal end date: 2030.
- Stay at Amritapuri Ashram
- Build my coaching/writing/speaking business to a million dollars in revenue a year, to allow for the
Bliss‘Name is in Transition’ Foundation to be sustainable without outside donations
- Write and publish my book The Bliss Frame
- Volunteer with the Jamyang Foundation
- Attend and Graduate from Orphan Wisdom School
- Attend an Anatomy in Clay workshop
- Study Craniosacral Therapy with the Upledger Institute
- Learn to make cheese at Sterling College
- Attend improv workshops at UCB and Second City
- Coach 1000 individuals (325 down)
- Do a 200 hr yoga teacher training with Shiva Rea (Signed up! December 2016 in Costa Rica!)
- Launch the
Bliss‘Name is in Transition’ Foundation: A women’s focused organization hell-bent on building capacity and funding for women entrepreneurs around the world
- Do 30 days of Yoga in a row
- Be a competent guitar player
- Apprentice with Susun Weed
- Lead 1000 firewalks
- Build a sustainable house
- Visit Mt. Everest Base Camp
- Go on a 10 day Silent Meditation retreat, preferably in Bali
- Gain fluency in French
- Learn Spanish
- Write a children’s book about Pilou of Plascassier
- Study Yamuna Body Rolling
- Get my Level
1,2, 3 Tibetan Singing Bowl Meditation Certification Firewalking certificationBecome a master firewalk instructor
my listmy community to 10,000 people who embody my balanced message of success measured with happiness
- Learn AcroYoga
- Travel around the world on an around the world ticket with just a backpack, a leica film camera, and a foldup bike to my name (with my wife, of course).
- Raise a child into adulthood successfully
Open a cooking school in Julia Child’s summer home in Provence (2017! We’re coming for you!)60% booked, still taking reservations here.
- Get a PhD is something completely esoteric and deliciously fun. Application
submittedaccepted! European Graduate School here I come!
- Homeschool a kiddo through 3rd grade. At minimum.
- Buy a film leica camera, take it with me everywhere for a year (2017 looks like the year)
- Learn to bake artisan, sourdough bread properly (December 2016, this is happening)
Speak at a TEDx eventSpeak at a TEDx Event AGAIN!
- Attend a Women’s music festival
- Raise heritage chickens
- Install a Yoga Sling in my house (and every house after the first one)
- Write and produce RETREAT: A Play in Three Acts
- Keep bees
- Ski Chamonix
- Study Food Studies at NYU
- Get a mini cow
Become a professorTeach at Colorado Mountain College
- Celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary
- Make my own small wardrobe of clothes
- Learn to knit socks
- Read 100 books in one year, started this challenge on May 1st 2016!
Get EFT trained(Done, November 2014) Study Universal Health Principles
Goals I retired or Lost interest in
- Go to Burning Man
- Write a bestselling book on loving life in the lulls
- Attend The Pilates Center Intermediate training in Boulder
- Launch a movement about finding comfort in the betweens
- Lead a high-level business and lifestyle coaching mastermind for a year that includes 2 retreats, with
2012 women (Coming at you in 2017 or 2018)